The Heaney Business Group and our esteemed guests were privileged to attend a truly inspiring event – The 100 Women Gala Dinner. This evening of celebration and empowerment marked a significant milestone in the organisation’s journey, bringing together a philanthropic community committed to making a difference in the lives of women and girls around the world. In this blog post, we will take you through the heartwarming moments and impactful projects that defined the evening.
The Gala Dinner commemorated a decade of the 100 Women organization’s unwavering dedication to supporting initiatives that empower women and girls. Over the years, they have funded numerous projects, each contributing to positive change in unique ways. This year, five outstanding projects were recognized for their remarkable contributions.
1. Orana House – Perth, WA: With a grant of $50,000, this project connects socially-conscious landlords with women and children fleeing family domestic violence, offering them secure private rentals. It’s a lifeline for those seeking safety and stability.
2. The Hunger Project Australia – Bihar, India: Awarded $50,000, this initiative empowers 1,400 at-risk adolescent girls in Bihar, India, with education, training, and long-term support to combat forced child marriages. It’s a powerful step towards breaking the cycle of a challenging issue.
3. Radiance Network South West – South West Western Australia: With $49,828 in funding, this project provides crucial 1:1 support for 80 mothers and their children facing perinatal mental health issues, highlighting the importance of mental health care during vulnerable times.
4. The Water Well Project – VIC/TAS/NSA/SA: Granted $49,592, this initiative delivers 50 education sessions to 700 migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers, improving health literacy and removing gender-related barriers to accessing health services.
5. Cana Communities WA – Perth, WA: This project, receiving $43,050, aims to improve the mental and physical health of 20 homeless and marginalized women through specialist community nursing services and art therapy. It’s a testament to the transformative power of art and community care.
The Gala Dinner was not just about financial support; it was an evening of inspiration and gratitude. The Heaney Business Group and our guests left feeling deeply moved and blessed to be a part of this life-changing association. It reaffirmed the belief that collective philanthropy has the power to drive meaningful change.
The 100 Women Gala Dinner was a celebration of a decade’s worth of empowering women and fostering change. It showcased the incredible impact that a community of like-minded individuals can have when they come together with a shared vision of making the world a better place for women and girls. As we look ahead, we are filled with hope and determination to continue supporting initiatives that uplift and empower. Here’s to a future filled with more stories of resilience, transformation, and empowerment, all made possible by the spirit of giving.